Lockewood Acres Farm Club
As a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm model, Lockewood Acres prides itself on providing fresh vegetables, fruit, honey, meat and eggs to Vacaville, CA and surrounding towns on a weekly basis. We can even deliver to your doorstep! The Lockewood Acres Farm Club is open to the public. By joining the Farm Club, you will know exactly how and where your food is grown and support the local community. Your membership in the Farm Club entitles you a share of the yearly crop. Your family will be eating the freshest organic produce available in the Vacaville, CA area. The food your family eats will have been harvested only days before you enjoy it. Please feel free to contact us with more questions about the Lockewood Farm Club program. The FAQ section below should answer most questions.
1. What is a CSA? CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It is a community of individuals who pledge to support local farm operations with both the farmer and the consumer providing mutual support and shared risk with the benefits of food production.
2. How does it work? Members or “shareholders” pledge in advance to cover the anticipated costs of the farm operation. In return, they receive shares in the farm’s bounty throughout the growing season. Shareholders also share in the risks of farming, including poor harvests due to unfavorable weather or pests. This shared responsibility of the farmer and the end-user guarantees freshness, vine ripeness and organically grown fruits, vegetables and animal products (eggs and meat) for you and your family.
3. How do I sign up?
You can sign up for the Lockewood Acres Farm Club
program at any time. However, if all of the available shares are currently spoken for, you may need to wait until the next growing season. For detailed information please do not hesitate to contact us
4. What kind of produce can I expect?
Many varieties of fruit will also become available throughout the season as our orchard matures!
5. How much produce do I get? Our regular share is designed for a couple, a couple with small children, or a larger family just beginning to eat fresh produce. If you have a large family you may want to consider purchasing two shares.
We also have egg shares
available. One share will provide one dozen eggs every other week and a double egg share will provide one dozen every week.
6. How much does it cost? Share prices are based on the full season starting in June and projected to extend into October:
* Eggs and Honey are not currently certified organic
7. How do I get my produce? Weekly pick up is every Tuesday from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at Lockewood Acres. If you are unable pick up your produce on the designated day, we will try to work with you to set up an alternate pickup or delivery schedule. If delivery is requested, deliveries will be made Wednesday mornings before noon with a small $5.00 delivery charge. Members who cannot pick up their selection one week may have someone else pick it up for them. We also have pick up at the Vacaville Farmers Market on Saturdays 8:00 am to 12:00 noon located at 305 Main Street.
8. Can I participate? Yes! We are always looking for more people to get involved with the Farm Club.